On Air Now
#ThatsGoodInnit Drive with Clint Boon 4pm - 7pm
Pick up a payphone and win some money...
XS Manchester “PAYPHONE PAYOUT”
1. The following rules (“Rules”) together with Communicorp UK’s general and competition terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions” - which can be found at smoothradio.com) apply to the PAYPHONE PAYOUT radio competition ("the Competition") which will run from Tuesday 23rd April on XS Manchester.
2. Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have understood these Rules along with the Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them. The Terms and Conditions are available on request from the Radio Station.
Details of the Competition:
To enter the Competition an Entrant must listen to XS Manchester Breakfast with Adam Brown and answer a public payphone when they hear it ring, and say “XS MANCHESTER”.
Every Monday a different public phone box somewhere in Greater Manchester will be chosen. A picture will be posted online of the phone box – but partially obscured. This will act as a clue to its whereabouts.
That phone box will be rung every day for 5 days. Listeners will hear the phone box being dialed on air and then hear it ringing out.
The phone will ring for a maximum of 8 rings (20 seconds).
The prize pot will start at £10. For each day that the phone rings £10 will be added to the pot. When someone answers the phone saying “XS MANCHESTER” they will win the total pot. If no one answers the money rolls over to the next day/week.
If someone answers the phone they must say “XS MANCHESTER”. If they do not then they will be given one prompt by the presenter. If they still fail to say XS Manchester, then it is deemed as a fail and the money rolls over.
The rest of that week will still be the same phone box that we will call as usual. At the end of the week – if the prize pot not been won – the location will be revealed with the full picture of Adam at the phone box.
If the prize is won early in the week, the competition will still be played for the rest of the week with a different phone box and the pot will restart at £10
3. The winner is whoever answers the payphone and says the phrase “XS Manchester”.
Winners must be over 18.
4. The prize is the Payphone Payout pot at whatever value it has reached at the time the competition is won. The amount will be announced on air before the call is placed to the payphone and also published online on the competition page on XS Manchester’s website.
5. We reserve the right to vary the prize pot, for example by increasing it by more than £10, entirely at our discretion. If we do this, we will make the value of the prize pot clear on air and on the station website.
XS Manchester does not take responsibility for payphones being out of order. We reserve the right to change the payphone mid-week for any reason. If we do this, we will announce it on air.
There is no guarantee that a phone box will fall into every postcode within Greater Manchester.Some postcodes may get more than one phone box consecutively and some may be included rarely or not at all.