The Who Competition Terms
Terms & Conditions
The Who Competition Terms 10-20 Feb 2017
Terms and Conditions:
1. Full terms and conditions apply. The following rules (“Specific Rules”) together with the general competition terms and conditions (which can be found at http://www.xsmanchester.co.uk/competition-terms-and-conditions/ (the “Competition Terms and Conditions”) of Communicorp UK (as defined in the Competition Terms and Conditions) apply to win with The Who competition (the “Competition") which will run from Friday 10th February to Monday 20th February 2017 on XS Manchester (the “Radio Station”).
2. Key Dates. Start Date and time: Friday 10th February 201 at 0600 – Monday 20th February 2017 at 1000. Any entries received before / after these dates won’t be counted but you may still be charged.
3. Restrictions. Only open to people who: (i) at the time of entry are UK residents, and (ii) are 18 years or over at the date of their entry.
4. Entry and how much it costs. Identify the title of the song from The Who as asked on-air by the presenter(s). Send a text message starting with the word WHO, followed by the missing part of the song title to 87711 (E.g. WHO BABA if the question was “complete the title of the song something O’Reilly”). Texts cost £1.50 (from the UK) plus standard network rate. You must have permission from the bill payer before sending. Entries are limited to twenty (20) per person excluding bonus entries. For the avoidance of doubt; incorrect answers will be charged but not entered into the draw.
5. Bounce-backs and bonus entries. Once you’ve sent an entry text, you’ll receive an auto-response confirming your entry. You will then have the chance to text: WHO to 87711, again (at a further cost of £1.50 plus standard network rate) and you will be entered 2 more times - your ‘3rd’ entry being free. You will only be included in the prize draw if your text entry has had a corresponding bounceback confirming mobile network receipt of your text.
6. Draw details and winner announcement. Shortly after the deadline for receipt of entries, and no more than 5 hours later, one winner will be selected by electronic random draw from all the qualifying entries. They will be contacted personally (as soon as possible and at least within 5 days of the end date; if we are unable to make contact with the winner after 5 days, the prize becomes forfeit and we will select a new winner who we will attempt to contact for five days, and repeat this process until we have been able to contact a winner) and also announced at the earliest opportunity. With the intention for this to be just after 5pm on the day the contest closes.
7. Prize details. Two GA tickets to The Who at Manchester Arena on 5 April 2017. A double room at The Hilton Manchester Deansgate for 2 people sharing on the night on 5 April 2017. Our prizes are always non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
9. Recording consents. We will sometimes (at our discretion) telephone entrants
and ask them to speak on-air. You have the right to refuse, and your entry to the
competition will not be affected by your refusal. If you consent, your voice will be
recorded and you consent to this recording being used on our radio broadcasts. You
agree that we will own this recording and that a copy of it will be stored for further
exploitation, which may include promotion. Whilst on-air, you promise not to make
any statement which is offensive or inappropriate or which would cause us, or our
listeners, harm. You will not be put through to speak on-air if we think you are
driving, intoxicated, likely to swear, or could otherwise cause offence.
10. Other conditions. We will only accept entries that comply with our terms and
conditions and we may disqualify you if we know or suspect that you have breached
them. Our decision on the selection of the winner is final and we won’t engage in any
correspondence or discussion about this or about the operation of this competition.
We are not responsible for any network or technical issues you experience, such as
latency of your mobile phone network, which may delay or prevent your participation.
We have the right to cancel, amend, terminate or suspend this competition if forced
to do so due to circumstances outside our control.
11. Contact details. The Promoter is Communicorp UK Limited, a company
registered in England and Wales with number NI622021 and registered office at
Marlborough House, 30 Victoria Street, Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT1 3GG (please do
not send any entries to this address). Our main trading and correspondence address is
Communicorp UK Limited, Laser House, Waterfront Quay, Salford Quays, Manchester,
M50 3XW. If you’ve got any questions, please email: email@example.com or
write to: XS Manchester, Laser House, Waterfront Quay, Manchester, M50 3XW – you
should put the competition name in the subject line. We can’t consider any queries
made more than 14 days after the date the winner is announced.